Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Ode to Stephanie

I had to give Stephanie her own little page here because she literally takes up that much space in character. How to describe it...

Stephanie is the girl who has the biggest, cheesiest grin, but who gives the tightest, bestest hugs in the class (yes I said bestest). You will find Stephanie on top of chairs or the table in the cafeteria, slyly, but once she sees you, she will grin like the sun, stare right at you and ask, Emily, mwen gentil? (I'm nice?), from the top of the table. She used to come up to me about every ten minutes on the playground crying that some older boy had hit her or pushed her. I defended her at first until I learned more about our dear little Stephanie and watched her chase and torment and really, flirt, with the older (older as in 4 and 5) boys until the tables turned and they chased and tormented her and she would run to me screaming and crying. Ah, Stephanie. She has recently started doing this nodding, grinning thing to me and mouthing words, she knows exactly what she is doing. And I don't even have to guess what she is saying to me silently from a distance, or from the circle time of her after school class when she sees me walk by and should be paying attention (of course, I nourish her character and can't help but stop and taunt her): "Emily, I'm nice? You'll give me a candy? Emily, give me a sticker, Emily, I'm nice no?"

I'll have to video her facial expressions but here are a few images I caught of her during Halloween that really sum up for me her presence.  Also, she loves, I mean, LOVES Wilbengy and is so cute when she says his name. It's 24/7, Wilbengy, Wilbengy, Wilbengy. One time I asked her if she loved Wilbengy, of course her answer was 'yes'. This is them napping, priceless.




No comments:

Post a Comment