Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Day 5 (partie deux)

I must have to type before I post pictures. These, and the photos from the previous post, are just a few images I've had the priviledge of walking by during my first five days in Haiti. The clouds are sumptuous, the light is heavy with humidity, and the days are long, hot, and slow. We are closest to the town of St Marc, which you see from the bay shots. St Marc is a province of the capital Port-au-Prince and is home to around 200,000 people. There are also shots of the school, storms rolling in (nightly), my new little orange project, and my first freshly-picked coconut; which, unfortunately the cafeteria staff threw away before I could slash it open with a gardener's machete. Bref, I am enjoying the ease and hospitality of the culture here. I also get my own free Bikram Yoga studio, right outside on my front porch with wicked views (like these I just took outside).
A la prochaine!





No comments:

Post a Comment