Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pictures from Saturday's Beach Trip

Armanie (sp?) Beach this past Saturday.
Just what we all needed.
Enjoy! (we did!)

Oh, also the market (well, we caught the end of it) in St Marc. We were dying for fruit, avocados and sugar cane. Loved, loved, loved every minute of it. Even though I bargained in Gourdes and not Haitian Dollars and was totally throwing a woman, selling pineapples that you could literally smell from a block away and that I had to have, for a total loop. I wanted to bargain but I was literally ripping her off because I didn't know how to convert; multiply the price they give you in HT by 5 and you have how many Gourdes to give her (which is what you're holding in your hand). Fun, right? Needless to say she wanted little to nothing for the pineapples, which I was happy to pay, but even happier to bargain for. And they were so, so good.




































No comments:

Post a Comment