Friday, September 6, 2013

Day 7:

The muscles inside of my shoulder blade have been killing me (no more 6 am yoga, yes!). Couple that with a bite from a small human and that awards you a trip into town for a visit to your first Hatian doctor; no, there were no chickens hanging headless from the ceiling or little dolls with pins in them laying around. Just a normal small-town doctor with a great sense of humor (don't they all have)  who glanced at the bite as if it were a scrape, gave me wicked antiinflamatory cream with a high dose of ibuprofen IN it (awesome stuff), some pills, and told me that my complaint of being hot at night is sometimes an early sign of malaria; does he know who he's talking to? Don't go there doctor!
The day ended with laundry, amazing scalloped potatoes (just like mom's!) and fish at dinner and yet another breaktaking sunset and GIANT thunderstorm...aaahhhh, Haiti.








No comments:

Post a Comment