Thursday, September 19, 2013

Hot, Hot, Hot...

Yep. That just about describes it. It's a heavy, unbearable hot. What should I wear in the morning? It doesn't matter because by 7 or 8 am it will be sticking to you. And you'll get to wear it until about 3:30 pm as you race up the hill to strip and jump in the shower. No wonder people move so slowly here. The American attitude of, "I want it yesterday and hot," doesn't fly here. Which is probably why I like it so much, it forces me to slow down.

I started taking pictures of our class outside today for their name tags. Which I think is a huge bother, but, take it and roll, right? For some reason the other teacher was waking drooling and sleeping kids up from their nap to scribble circles in their art notebooks for their allotted 'arts and crafts' time. It can't be done any other time since that's what the schedule says. Baloney.

Rose Darline (the drama queen of the class, and one of the smallest), was ripped from her sleep. She wasn't thrilled, especially when I thought I could then drag her outside into the beating sun to take her picture; which the kids love having done. She was having none of it. She immediately said, I don't want it in the sun, "pas de soleil." So, we chose to do her photo shoot against the green walls of the school, which, I have to admit Rose, did great justice to your red dress; Bravo. The photos say it all and don't cease to crack me up.

There's also a stunning video of M Karlens snoring away in nap. At first we thought he was faking it since he had just been moved for disturbing others. And a video of our moto taxi back from the beach on Saturday which I could just get loaded onto You Tube.

Enjoy! And ENJOY those chilly fall evenings in Virginia! Oh, la, la!









No comments:

Post a Comment